ENRICHMENT GRANTS and FUND A TEACHER
2019-20 Teacher Enrichment Grant Applications Now Being Accepted!
Application deadline is midnight January 3rd, 2020
Everyone who submits an approved application will be posted online in order to receive donations through our community crowdfunding Fund-A-Teacher program.
To get your project posted to our Fund A Teacher program simply fill out the online application below and NCEF staff and volunteers will get your project posted to our website. The usual time frame for a project to appear on the website is 7 days. Please check back at that time to find and share your project with others.
Please download and use this form if you would like a worksheet to save your application as well as assist with word count: Application Document
All projects submitted will be posted on the Fund A Teacher page, but only those which meet NCEF Enrichment Grant criteria, and are submitted during a designated application period, will be considered for grant awards -- we are currently accepting applications to review for grants.
In writing the application, please keep in mind NCEF’s mission statement: Bridging the gap to ensure students are engaged and ready to learn.
Matching funds solicited by applicants are strongly encouraged -- Once your project is posted on the NCEF Fund A Teacher webpage applicants are strongly encouraged to use the site to share their project through social media, and any other applicable methods, in order to solicit funding. Any sources and amount of such funding not secured through NCEF or their website should be included in the application as well as any fundraising plans. Community and parent involvement are also strongly encouraged.
NCSD teachers/staff may submit only one application as a project coordinator.
Full or partial funding may be awarded for grants selected. We do not usually fund transportation, food, or rewards. We do not fund staff salaries or consultant fees. The average grant size is from $800 to $1,500.
We prefer to fund projects that are innovative, replicable by other District teachers, likely to be sustained through other funding or resources, and that will benefit future classes beyond the grant year.
A brief, final report is required and should include pictures.
Preference is given to proposals that meet the following criteria:
• Original, innovative, and engaging for students
• Supplements and enhances the adopted district curriculum and goals
• Clear and concise objectives, work plan, and evaluation
• Has a high probability of success
• Replicable: Include a plan to share with other teachers in the district or for use in future classes beyond the grant year
• Sustainable or likely to leverage other sources of funding
• Includes active participation by parents, community, or other school staff
• Involves a greater scope and involvement of all students: IEP, TAG, etc.
NCEF Teacher and Classroom Enrichment Grant Requests Should Align with NCSD’s Goals for Student Achievement and Equity by:
• Aligning with K-12 curricula
• Providing extended student learning interventions and enrichments
• Supporting inclusive learning environments
• Removing barriers to equitable student outcomes
• Addressing key performance indicators to ensure quality graduates
Please note this form does not save your progress. We highly recommend recording your responses in a word document and adding them to this form through copy and paste. Please download and use this form if you would like a worksheet to save your application as well as assist with word count: Application Document