23-24 Fall Educator Enrichment Grants are CLOSED
Thank you for all the wonderful applications
NCEF is always looking for new ways to support NCSD educators so that you have the tools you need to be successful.
In addition to helping our schools through district program grants and discretionary grants, NCEF supports teachers in two ways: by promoting your projects through our Fund-a-Teacher program, and by funding your enrichment grant requests.
Fund-a-Teacher gives teachers access to community crowdfunding, with minimal work on your part. All you have to do is submit your project through the application portal below and NCEF will add it to our website.
The usual time frame for a project to appear on the website is seven days. After that, you and your students' parents will be able to promote your project to your networks. NCEF will also share your project with our social media followers.
Once you've reached your funding goal, NCEF will send you a check. 100% of the money raised through this program goes directly to the teachers!
NCEF Enrichment Grants
NCEF awards over $35,000 per year to NCSD teacher-led programs which meet our Enrichment Grant guidelines.
After you submit your application, we'll post it to the Fund-a-Teacher page so that it can attract community funding, but NCEF may fund your project in its entirety if no other donations have been received.
To better serve our teachers, NCEF responds to your grant applications as quickly as possible. Most approved projects are processed and funded within three weeks of your submission date.
You can submit enrichment grant applications through the portal below. It doesn't save your progress, so we recommend writing your responses offline, using NCEF's enrichment grant application worksheet. This will help you get an accurate word count.
Enrichment Grant Information for Applicants
Please be sure to read our Enrichment Grant Guidelines for full instructions.
In writing the application, please keep in mind NCEF’s mission statement: Bridging the gap to ensure students are engaged and ready to learn.
Matching funds solicited by applicants are strongly encouraged -- Once your project is posted on the NCEF Fund A Teacher webpage applicants are strongly encouraged to use the site to share their project through social media, and any other applicable methods, in order to solicit funding. Any sources and amount of such funding not secured through NCEF or their website should be included in the application as well as any fundraising plans. Community and parent involvement are also strongly encouraged.
NCSD teachers/staff may submit only one application as a project coordinator.
Full or partial funding may be awarded for grants selected. No grant request is too small it is only important that it positively impacts students and the learning environment. To ensure we can reach as many schools and educators as our resources allow, we ask that requests be no more than $2,000.
We prefer to fund projects that are innovative, replicable by other District teachers, likely to be sustained through other funding or resources, and that will benefit future classes beyond the grant year.
A brief, final report is required and should include pictures.
NCEF wants to fund projects that are innovative, replicable by other NCSD teachers, likely to be sustained through other funding or resources, and that will benefit future classes beyond the grant year.
Applications must address the following criteria:
• The core concept is original and innovative.
• The project supplements and enhances the adopted district curriculum and goals
• A high probability of success is likely, and there’s a plan in place to share the project with other teachers in the district or for use in future classes beyond the grant year
• The project has clear and concise objectives, and tangible strategies in mind for evaluating its impact
• The project demonstrates a positive impact on the learning environment.
• Parents, community members, or other school staff are active participants
• The budget is reasonable and sustainable, and/or likely to attract other sources of funding. If you already have some project funding, please include the source and amount in your application, as well as your future fundraising plans. Address if you have PTA/PTO or Booster Club funding available.
• A wide range of students will be positively impacted. Describes the inclusion of DEIA practices, and students who are ELL. Also addresses the inclusion of students on 504 or IEP plans, or in TAG.